.slow down.

"...and why do we always confuse love and lust when they are not one in the same?
see they just share the same frame, like pastel colors in claude monet's art,
and make the same impression--on your heart,
til you step back and it's hard to tell 'em apart."

[from "love is not a lyric" :: found here]

"love is loyal when life is mundane."

that's another line from the poem, I think that's a great poem that I got to hear live...it made me think about what we see to be love. Love is not some feel good thing. It hit me today what married life is like. Everyone has this image of love being this amazing wonderful feeling and that's not what it's like--sadly. I believe that love is an amazing thing, but I feel like so many people get so caught up in the feeling in the honeymoon period where everything is perfect, but what happens when it's just everyday life, you know?

It hit me today while laying in bed with my best friend/ex/significant other I suppose...lol...we were just laying there talking. I didn't want to get up, he needed to go to church, I needed to get back to my room on campus and he was holding me and then it hit me that this is what life is like. This could possibly be what my weekends are like when I get married, I mean, it'd be different but sitting there I thought back to my parents and my grandparents and realized that this is what comes after the honeymoon, after the amazing time that we call the engagement, after the butterflies. Will your love last when life is mundane? What happens when you know so much about your other person that it's almost...boring? How scary is that...to love someone that you no longer find entertaining? It hit me, married life is that comfortable stage...and I had to stop and think if this is what I wanted with him.

Yes--we discussed this. He knows how I feel, this is not a lowkey diss on him like oh he doesn't know that I'm not sure if I want to spend the rest of my life with him, we're open like that.

Which brings me to another thing. How open should you be with your man? Or your woman...I mean I think about these things and it trips me out. We're supposed to be seemingly transparent with the people we love, so why is it that we aren't honest with the people that we love? "Because it'll hurt them," but if they love you, won't they love you through all that? Think about your parents. They love you after all the dumb stuff you do. Sheesh. Mine do...and I did some duuuuumb stuff--but that's neither here nor there. Those are my musings.

In other news, I made eye contact with Lupe Fiasco for a whole verse on his joint "I Gotcha" when he performed at my school...AND when he took his shirt off, he was about to throw it to the crowd, and then looked for me and tossed/gave it to me.

Let me tell you. If that didn't make me feel like the most special person in that concert...I don't know what would. If you want to see vid of his performace at my school go to youtube.com and search my username (aarnold89) the best performance was "Superstar" hands down.

Here's a pic of me with the shirt. :)

peace.love.music.

0 teardrops: