.love is waiting.

"I'll give it time, give it space
and be still for a spell.
When it's time to walk that way
we wanna walk it well...
I'll be waiting for you baby..." --Love is Waiting (Brooke Fraser)

"Love is waiting til we're ready...til it's right." <-- I really like this song, it's amazing...cannot lie. In relation to this, two of my friends got engaged this week. How exciting!! It kinda sparked a lil jealousy in me for like, two secs...and then I was like when it's my time God will bring the right guy along--or bring the guy back when the time is right. =)

I'm so excited about my future...and I think it's cool to be able to say that because there are plenty of people who are lost and have no idea what they're going to do in regards to their day-to-day life. Life is good.

So today is such a peaceful day man...geez. It's awesome, foreal. I took my first exam in American Federal Government, I think I did okay...we'll see. I need an 82 to get a B in the class, so that's what I'm aiming for...hopefully that works in my favor. I had such an awful "semester" or whatever over the summer that dropped my GPA drastically...but that's not the point. Let's see what else new...

well, summer is upon us. this means that my 53 residents are checking out...so far 22 have left and it is kinda sad, but not too awful. what this also means (the whole summer thing) means that my birthday is coming...WHOOOOOOO...goodbye teen years. everyone always gives me this *look* when i say i'm only 19. idk.

fast forward once again...or should i say back it up? [elipsis] moving on.

I started seriously reading my bible today, I am excited about really, truly pursuing the relationship with God. Like, throughout this whole year I've been really active with trying to have the best possible relationship with God that I could, but today I chose to really sit down and read His word...so I'm starting with the book of Mark and I read the first 5 chapters...but what really stuck out to me was this from Mark 4:

24 Then he added, “Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given—and you will receive even more. 25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.”
So why did this matter so much to me? Okay well when I prayed before reading I was like, God I really want to get closer to you and really feel your presence within me at all times, you know? (I'm really cool with God...lol...He's my homie) ANYWAY--I was just reading and that part struck me because it showed me the importance of dedication. The closer you listen the more understanding you will be give and you will receive more. Like...how crazy good is that?! Idk, it made me really excited reading that, knowing that going after Him will really being it to me if I just listen.

It made me think how much more we would get if we just opened our ears to hear what people say to us. I mean, relating this to our day to day life, obviously if you listen to what's being said, what's being taught to you---heck if you just listen to what people around you say, observe actively, you get SO much out of it sometimes.

but those are my thoughts for the second.
geez...I'm so ready for this summer!

0 teardrops: