.whatcha lookin at.

Just a thought to pass the time...lol...I am leaving for New Jersey today and I cannot WAIT...this is such an awesome time for me, even if the internship ends up falling through all thanks to UF...*sigh*...but regardless of what happens, I know that it happens with a purpose.


God don't make mistakes.


I have to remember that sometimes. He really doesn't. Every thing He does has  reason that we just never understand in the moment...but hey, it happens. In other news...I've finally found a worthy distraction lol...it's actually pretty awesome if I must admit. It's a combination of many things I love...people, music, and pictures. So it's interesting. It's nice to have everything in one secure place. I'm starting to write more stuff...stuff about you, stuff about me, stuff about life, stuff about...stuff. It just works. 

Quiet Time Chronicles

I find that if I discuss my quiet time, it's more ensured that I'll do it everyday. So bear with me..and if you don't care to discuss God then skip this part of my blog. lol...sooo today I was reading Matthew. I read from the beginning to Matthew 6:24. It basically went over a lot of the basics...the birth of Jesus, the Wise Men, the killing of babies, and then it got to the good stuff...the Sermon on the Mount...yeeeeeeah...

Okay so I stopped at the section labeled "God and Possessions" because it caught me at a certain point. So Matthew 6:21-24 read: 

21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.  22 “Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. 23 But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! 24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

So the part that really got to me were verses 22 and 23 where is talked about your eyes being a lamp...it was really cool and made me think, what have I been putting into my body? What have I been opening myself up to that is filling me with darkness? I thought about how when you have light and you are with God, how much more peaceful you are and things like that...it's always great to have a nice enlightening touch. SO the question that I will be musing on is whether my eye is good or bad...because even though these verses are about God and money, I thought about other things that we can call our masters...being a slave to lust, being a slave to whatever else you may struggle with--I'm just being transparent and saying lust is something that I struggle with being a slave to at times. BUT my prize isn't some man, my prize isn't sex...my prize isn't on this earth. My prize is waaaay up there...with my Daddy--God. Think about it! Where are your eye focused? On the light...or in darkness.

1 teardrops:

  1. Robyn-Ann.com says

    ;-)

    Time for a new quiet time chronicle! Miss you! Smooch!