Oxygen...

"Leave unsaid unspoken
Eyes wide shut unopened
You and me
Always between the lines"
--"Between the Lines" Sara Bareilles

So...finally--all my relationship stuff is resolved. Hallelujah. Amen. Praise Him. Boy oh boy am I blessed to have had an amazing man in my life as my lover that will continue to be in my life as my best friend, God willing.

Moving on...

Today I was having a conversation with a friend, and it hit me that she had a problem that a lot of females face. This issue of beginning with the end in mind. Now I remember back in the day there was a book about the secrets of highly successful teens or something like that, and one of the main topics was begin with the end in mind...this has NOTHING to do with relationships.

One of the most unhealthy things to do in a relationship is to go into it expecting it to end. That's like living your life everyday planning for your funeral. Who does that? Nobody that I know, we live our lives desiring to enjoy it, so why should we look at our relationships differently.

Honestly, a lot of our relationships in high school/college don't last, but in our first relationship we don't go in saying this is going to end with my heart on the ground, trampled on--it happens with time.

Anyway--ladies, it's time to get ourselves OUT of this habit. Everytime you start looking at your relationship in a negative light, re-evaluate why you're in it to begin with, why are you so unhappy? Get to the ROOT of the issue. Is it your lack of trust? Is it your fear of long term committment? Is it just your fear of failure? Seriously, because when we do this, all it does is hurt US.

Today, tell yourself that you'll get to the ROOT of the issue and that you won't hold yourself back due to fear of what will come, because we can't tell the future. All we can do is live one day at a time, love with all our hearts, and be honest with ourselves at all times.

Feedback? Holla at me.

=)

2 teardrops:

  1. the sweetest girl. says

    soo many of us do this. and in the end, all it does is hurt us more. we overanalyze everything about our relationship because we think hes out to hurt us. were killing ourselves.


    Kevin D. says

    ^Preach! lol

    We got to the root of it, but you did say you expected it to end...Just saying. lol