How Does It Feel

so...it occurred to me that I need to write a poem.

so I did. enjoy.
=)



*love-ish poems maaaaaaan...read along. *

Curiosity came and knocked me out in the form of
taunt toned sun-kissed skin holding a cup of coffee or cappuccino or some other caffeinated beverage as he studied
and then our eyes met and I was lost in his
blue sapphires and I could feel the rumblings in my stomach and
wondered silently if he could see my interest
peak in my brown pools of chocolate when I mustered up the confidence to walk over and say
"hello."
my words were tossed and confused
like the ocean hitting the rocks
I asked his name and then seemed to forget how to hold a conversation
as his smile disarmed me in ways that I didn't know were possible.
his breathing was calm like the storm that was soon to come when he opened his mouth and spoke and shook my entire foundation with a voice smooth as the skin upon his cheek.
I was floored to say the least.
he said his name was "thomas" and asked for mine.
and as I obliged my heart
skipped a beat at the concept of something new.
he was like a young Robin Thicke
and I would be perfectly content as his Paula Patton
sharing sweet nothings on camera for all the world to see
not confined to be his little secret behind closed doors.
not looked at as a stain on his porcelain colored arms
and he wouldn't call me his african queen or a nubian princess
but would be content with just calling me his.
we exchanged cute words where he fed me sweet compliments
and not once did he mention the color of my skin, but could only find one word to describe me and that was: beautiful
his words oozed like warm honey and cooled on my skin,
sticking to me in ways that won't be cleaned off by just soapy water.
and when our hands touched
it was like ecstasy for my fingertips
and they were screamed for more as we parted ways
just one more touch, his hands to my face
which could lead to his hands on my waist
which could lead to our first kiss...
and days like today I remember the concept of butterflies
that feeling that so many take for granted
that rush of anticipation and those late night calls
that school girl crush that leaves you with the
biggest smile on your face as you sit for
hours at a time on the phone talking
about everything and who cares that it's irrelevant,
you'll say anything just so you can hear his voice and make him laugh and know that at that very moment...nothing in his world is more important than you.
nothing in this galaxy can make him smile or cause him to feel the joy that you do.

1 teardrops:

  1. M says

    Did we meet the same "Thomas"? lmao ;)

    I remember a dude named Thomas from UF who just floored me... I mean, he was absolutely gorgeous. But I never told him that because I never thought he saw me like that because of the color of my skin. What a foolish hang-up, right?

    But seeing attractive men at UF that weren't my same skin color or nationality left me feeling this way more than once... but maybe if I would have said hello to them, I would have found out that my skin color wasn't as serious to them, as it was to me...

    wonderful poem :)